Monday, February 12, 2007

The Steely Buns ROCKED da house!

Thursday was show night! And yes, we changed over from "Buns of Navarone" to "Steely Buns". We liked the whole Steely Dan reference but didn't want to lose the behind.

So - we rehearsed hard in an air-con-less ball room at the Shang all afternoon. It was hot and bloody stuffy! And I stuffed up my Twist and Shout lines again. Jim Lafferty very sportingly agreed to get on stage with us and do back up vocals. Except, I had got the lyrics/timing wrong EVERYTIME we tried this song since the first time we did it.

SHOWTIME and I got it right.... some highlights apart from me finally getting my song right...
- Vidya R kicked off the show in style with Zombie. Couple of levelling glitches from the sound guys but after the first 30seconds, she rocked the house!
- I followed with my high-pitched La-Bamba and gruff T&S (which I finally got right)
- BJ closed the first set with Hotel Cal and Nissim's solo was out of this world. BJ also got real slim shady with his lyrics. He handed over the mic to the audience whenever he forgot the lyrics! Quite the rockstar!
- Came back for the second set post the Filipino band. And we really rocked the house

Overall ABBA night rocked! The non-sit down dinner format sat down really well with everyone without exception! The fact that there was no big after-party just proved that ABBA's itself was the massive party!

And the Steely Buns were the rockstars at the party.

I have one short snippet of me doing T&S taken from Sriram's phone... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE9lbDsA4XE

More videos / photos to follow.

No comments: