Sunday, November 4, 2007

The numbers game


Watched "The Number 23", Jim Carrey's latest flick that didn't do too well at the box office. Well - I liked it!

It's a dark psychological thriller featuring William Sparrow (Jim), an animal control officer, and his wife Agatha (Virginia Madsen). He has a fairly ordinary life until he chances upon a book called the Number 23. He is amazed by how similar his life is to that of the character in the book, leading him into an obsession with the number 23 and the fate of the main character in the book. A sinister sequence of events follows and his obsession deepens. The only way out is to find the author of the book and ask him some questions. Therein lie the twists and turns in the story.

Wasn't necessarily one of my favorite movies, but I thought it was well made (Directed by Joel Schumacher - Batman Forever) and told a dark, albeit not necessarily original, story very well.

And so another weekend goes by!

2 comments:

Beta said...

Makes me wanna watch the movie. Jim Carrey is surprising me more and more with eac passing day. Well, I will put it down in my list, somewhere higher up.

raman said...

hmm. joel schumacher ruined batman for me. and for that he is blacklisted.